Two Phase Orthodontic Treatment
Child orthodontic treatment is best completed in two phases, called two phase orthodontic treatment.
Early orthodontic Phase I treatment is performed when a child has baby teeth and adult teeth, also known as mixed dentition. We provide expert early orthodontic treatment for children on the Emerald Coast!
Why treat early? What are the goals?
To correct existing or developing skeletal, dentoalveolar, and/or muscular imbalances.
What are the advantages of early treatment?
Reduces frequency of permanent tooth extraction and corrective jaw surgery.
“Crooked teeth” is listed as one of the most common reasons children get teased. Correcting “crooked teeth” at an early age for children can make a significant difference in a child’s self-esteem.
7 & Up Checkups
Benefits of early treatment
- Correct width of dental arches with expansion
- Improve eruption patterns of permanent teeth
- Decrease the risk of trauma to protruded upper front teeth
- Correct oral habits such as thumb sucking
- Improve self-esteem and aesthetics
- Reduce the likelihood of permanent tooth extraction
- Space maintenance for permanent teeth