Dr. Maryam Rezaie
“I am committed to helping you achieve your smile goals.”
A world traveler returns to Florida!
Born in Taiwan, Dr. Maryam Rezaie grew up as a world traveler. She lived in Brazil, Belgium, Macau, and China, visiting many places around the world before her family moved to Miami, Florida when she was 16. Here, she completed her high school and undergraduate studies with honors from Palmetto Senior High School and Florida International University.
Dr. Rezaie completed her dental school training at the University of Florida College of Dentistry, where she received her Doctor of Dental Medicine degree in 2009 and served in many leadership positions. For example, she participated in two dental mission trips to the Dominican Republic and co-founded the country’s second student chapter of the American Association of Public Health Dentistry. In 2010, she completed a General Practice Residency at the VA Medical Center in Riviera Beach, Florida and received an additional Certificate of Appreciation for “exhibiting her total commitment to our veterans well-being through her dedication towards providing the best treatment possible for all of her patients.”
Additional Education and Experience
For the next few years, Dr. Rezaie completed multiple continuing education courses as she practiced general dentistry in both public health and private practice settings in the state of Maryland. The more she learned about the practice of orthodontics, the more she realized that she wanted to become an orthodontist. So, in 2013, Dr. Rezaie returned to Florida to attend Jacksonville University School of Orthodontics. During this time, she received a Fellowship in Orthodontic Clinical Research, and later a Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies in Orthodontics. In fact, for her outstanding academic achievement, she was inducted into the honor society of Phi Kappa Phi. Her excellence continued as she served as Student Vice President and later as Chief Resident to the orthodontic program.
Upon graduating from orthodontic residency, Dr. Rezaie moved to Kansas City, Kansas, area and joined a prestigious orthodontic practice. After almost three amazing years in the Midwest, she is back in Florida and excited to continue her orthodontic career at Fishbein Orthodontics!
AWARDS & SPECIALTIES
Best of The Bay
Voted Best Orthodontic Practice Pensacola News Journal
Speaks 4 languages
Best of Coast
Voted Best Orthodontist in Pensacola Pensacola Independent News – inweekly
Voted “Best Orthodontist in Pensacola”
in VIP Pensacola Magazine
Invisalign Diamond Plus Provider
Northwest Florida’s leading provider of Invisalign and Invisalign Teen
DR. MARYAM REZAIE IS A MEMBER OF:
- American Association of Orthodontics
- American Association of Women Dentists
- American Dental Association
DR. MARYAM REZAIE AWARDS:
- Certificate of Recognition by the West Palm Beach VA Medical Center, Riviera Beach, Florida. (2010)
- Certificate of Recognition by The We Care Network—Project Dentists Care & Alachua County Dental Association. (2009)
- Certificate of Appreciation by the Alachua County Organization for Rural Needs, Inc. Dental Clinic, Booker, Florida. (2008)
- Gamma Epsilon Phi Honors College Medallion. (2004)
- Florida International University Honors Council Medallion. (2004)
- Certificate of Merit in Academic Achievement. (1999)
- Certificate of National Honor Society. (1999)
- Certificate of Achievement in Early Childhood Education. (1999)
3 FUN FACTS FROM DR. REZAIE:
- I was born in Taiwan, raised in Brazil, cultured in China, and educated and trained in the United States.
- I can speak four languages: English, Portuguese, Farsi, and Spanish.
- I love learning cultural dances, trying out diverse cuisines, and hitting the goal of running a 5K under 20 minutes.