11.4.2020

How Does Orthodontic Insurance Work?

If you are looking for high-quality orthodontic treatment (like Invisalign® or braces) for you or your child, you may want to consider supplemental orthodontic insurance! One of the main benefits to this type of insurance—orthodontic coverage can make a beautiful smile even more affordable!

At Fishbein Orthodontics, our caring staff is committed to helping you get the most out of your policy, because the smile of your dreams doesn’t have to come with a financial burden. Our practice is in-network with most insurance companies!

Why purchase orthodontic insurance?

If you have dental insurance, this won’t necessarily cover orthodontic treatment.

Having orthodontic insurance for you and your children can reduce your overall orthodontic care costs significantly! There are a ton of different insurance options to choose from, so here are a few things to consider when deciding on an insurance policy:

  • Don’t wait until the last minute – The sooner you are covered, the better!
  • The waiting period of your coverage – Ask if a waiting period may apply.
  • Be careful with cheap plans – Cheap doesn’t mean the best option.
  • Deductibles and Copays – Determine whether the deductibles/copays are reasonable for your budget.

To determine what your current insurance covers, schedule your complimentary consultation with us! We will discuss everything you need to know about payment and insurance coverage at your first visit to any of our 8 convenient locations in Northwest Florida.

Insurance Payment Plans

At Fishbein Orthodontics, we accept most insurance plans! Some of the most popular plans we accept are Delta Dental, Humana, and Aetna insurance. Orthodontic insurance companies work in several ways. Here are a few examples:

  • Percentage with a lifetime maximum — Some companies offer a rate with a lifetime maximum; for example, payable at 50% with a lifetime maximum of $3000 per person. This means that the insurance will cover 50% of the treatment (including the down payment) until it reaches the limit of $3000. If your treatment lasts for 24 months and you reach your limit on the 15th month, you’ll be responsible for the remaining cost.
  • A fixed copay — This option is much simpler. In this case, the insurance company will charge a fixed copay (amount varies) and pay the rest of your treatment. So, if your treatment costs $5,000, you would pay $1000 in co-pay, and the insurance company will take care of the rest.
  • Cover a percentage — Some companies cover at a rate or percentage. For example, if the insurance company covers 60% of your orthodontic treatment, you will be responsible for the remaining 40%. It all depends on the type of coverage you get.

If you still have questions or concerns about the various financing options or coverage for your orthodontic treatment, our team would be more than happy to speak with you!

Are you ready to transform your smile with high-quality, affordable orthodontic care? Schedule your first appointment with us, or start your virtual consultation from the comfort of your home! Your exam is complimentary, so it won’t cost you anything!

Our 8 convenient locations (Niceville, Pensacola, Navarre, Pace, Crestview, Ft. Walton, Cantonment, Perdido) are always accepting new patients, and we would love to help you get started on the path to a new smile.