The American Board of Orthodontics is the only orthodontic specialty board recognized by the American Dental Association. To learn more about Board Certification and what it means at Fishbein Orthodontics, visit our Board Certification information page.
At Fishbein Orthodontics, we feel there are many reasons as to why patients should seek out a board certified orthodontist. Although any licensed dentists can put on braces, only a Board Certified Orthodontists has results that have been deemed to be of the highest quality by the American Board of Orthodontics. Here are some additional reasons why Board Certification matters:
- A Board Certified Orthodontist will have their orthodontic cases reviewed by an expert panel of other Board Certified Orthodontists.
- A Board Certified Orthodontist will pass all written, oral, and clinical examinations necessary to become a Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics.
- A Board Certified Orthodontist is the highest level of academic achievement an Orthodontist can obtain.
- In addition to these examinations, they must submit case studies of patients they have treated with great perfection.
- The entire certification process will usually take anywhere from 5 to 10 years.
All of these points are valid but really it is simple! By choosing a Board Certified Orthodontist, you are ensuring that you or your child are receiving high quality orthodontic care. At Fishbein Orthodontics, we offer a complimentary consultation, so you can see a Board Certified Orthodontist to find out the best options for you or your child’s orthodontic care.